GETTING STARTED GUIDE
We also offer a ketogenic diet program as a paid add-on for practices. The program is based off the standard program and still includes 30 days of gut repair followed by detoxification, however the dietary transitions are aimed at helping members get into ketosis and then maintain a keto diet as a long-term health strategy. Additional education surrounding the ketogenic diet is included in program modules and the meal plans and recipes have been adapted to work with the keto diet.
If you would like to review the content, log into: https://demo.
KETO SUPPLEMENT PROTOCOLS
Our keto program uses a slightly modified version of our core supplement protocol. Specific protocols for the programs can be seen below. The 60 day keto protocol serves as the first 60 days for the 3 and 6 month keto programs. After 60 days, any supplements given are customized by the practice. The keto program can also be done in a non-supplement format.
KETO COACHING CHECKLISTS
As with the standard program, coaching calls are integrated with the program. The coaching checklists provide a template for what should be discussed in each coaching call and the timing in which it should take place. These coaching calls provide important touchpoints to members and value to the program, without consuming in-office appointment times.
KETO PROGRAM DIETARY TRANSITIONS
The dietary transitions for the 60 Day, 3 Month, & 6 Month Programs are:
- Days 1-7 – Eliminate sugar, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, & fruit juice
- Days 8-14 – Eliminate corn, gluten, and isolated forms of caffeine
- Days 15-21 – Eliminate soy, alcohol, high-carb fruits and veggies, legumes, and all grains (10g of carbs / day)
- Days 22-30 – Eliminate dairy (including raw), tomatoes, shellfish, and eggs (20g of carbs / day)
- Days 31-44 (Detox) – No new eliminations, except all animal proteins must be removed on Days 6-10 of the Detox (Program Days 36-40) (Start of Detox: 30g of carbs / day, Day 6 of Detox: 40g of carbs / day)
After the detox concludes, the food reintroduction / testing process begins with 1 food tested every 2-3 days.
For the 30 Day Program, the dietary transitions are:
- Days 1-7 – Eliminate sugar, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, fruit juice, corn, gluten, and isolated forms of caffeine
- Days 8-14 – Eliminate soy, alcohol, high-carb fruits and veggies, legumes, and all grains (10g of carbs / day)
- Days 15-28 (Detox) – Eliminate dairy (including raw), tomatoes, shellfish, and eggs, plus all animal proteins on Days 6-10 of the Detox (Program Days 20-25). (Start of Detox: 20g of carbs / day, Day 6 of Detox: 30g of carbs / day, Post-Detox: 40g of carbs / day)